Happy New Year Friends!!
I planned to attend 2 weddings and 2 get together’s during the Christmas vacation and ended up attending 2 weddings, 2 get togethers’ and 3 funerals! Yes … a real emotional roller coaster!! All the 3 deaths were totally unexpected and seemingly ‘healthy’ people suddenly passed away…
Throwing soil to the coffin and attending a glittering marriage function is like traveling from the north pole to the south pole, feeling 2 extremes of emotions – happiness and sadness all in one day was something else!
I had some great learning experiences in a span of 10 days. Weddings and Get together’s were full of laughter and fun with college buddies and families coming together and huge gatherings at the funerals was testimony that the lives were well lived.
This vacation made me think …
- Time is limited – make the best use of it … it’s a finite commodity and not infinite as many of us think.
- At the dawn of a another new year 2018, we gear up to set up New Year goals and resolutions, ask yourself:
- Are your goals time bound?
- Is there a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve the goals?
- Is health given importance in goal setting?
- Are you living or merely existing?
- What are you giving back to the people around you, community, organization?
- Is Being Human a goal to achieve?
- Are you in a comfort zone or learning zone?
I hope that 2018 the Best Year yet for you … start by creating an impact in the lives of people around you – family, community and organisation.
Fly high … reach for the stars!
Have a fabulous 2018! 🙂